Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mom's 50th Birthday in San Antonio

Mom,

We love you more than words can say. You have taught me what it means to be a woman that pursues Christ in good times and in bad. You have taught me that motherhood is a joyful blessing and not just a duty. I am thankful most of all that you taught me to fear the Lord. You have served your family time and time again with a sacrificial love that is hard to copy in this day and age. Thank you for your chicken pot pie, car rides singing Whitney Houston at the top of our lungs, and our early morning talks out on the sun porch. Please know that this scripture reminds me of you...

Strength and dignity are her clothing,
and she laughs at the time to come.
She opens her mouth with wisdom,
and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
She looks well to the ways of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her.

Love you!

I love this pic, my parents looking all cute at each other. So sweet.


Mamaw showing the Mariachi man some love. Real Funny.


Addie and Papa


Four Generations


Our First Petting Zoo Experience


Dad bought her a monkey since we call her "Monkey". It's her new favorite!!

1 comment:

The Allens said...

RACHEL!!! Its been so long! Addison is sooo cute! I hope yall are doing good! Just found your blog! Yall are a precious fam!