Monday, September 22, 2008

Moving and More...

Bye-Bye House! You were the best first house ever! (This was the day the sign went up in the yard, I have to admit, I got a little emotional...I know hard to believe, me, emotional...never!)

You gotta love those polka dots! 

We went to the doctor the week before last for Addison's two-month appointment. Yikes! Shots galore! But, she was a champ and didn't cry for too long. Right after Addison was born the doctor had us coming in for weight checks. As a new mom, I was freaked out! Now, our sweet baby girl is a healthy 13 lbs!! We are so thankful! And what in the world was I worried about?

On another note, Trev and I are in the process of selling our house here in Mckinney. We will be moving to the Flower Mound/Lewisville area. Trev recently took a job as an area pastor for the Village Church. It is always hard moving away from a ministry and a church family that we love so much! We were so blessed by the relationships that we have had here, and know that we will continue to be close with so many of our friends. The Lord has humbled us beyond measure through the decision to move. We have learned so much in the process. Change is sharpening and we know that the Lord will continue to guide us through this next season of life in Flower Mound/Lewisville. We are incredibly excited about this next part of the journey. I cannot wait to see what is ahead. It makes me smile thinking about what is to come in this new place and ministry. Trevor and I both feel like we have learned and have grown so much in this new place! There is a true joy when you rely completely on the Lord for the next step! We find peace in knowing that His plan is perfect!

7 comments:

Morgan said...

i mean...she could not be any cuter. i can't wait to see her.

The Joy's said...

She is pretty darn cute isn't she! She can't wait to see you either!

Carin said...

I need your email. I just sent a mass email, but i don't have yours saved in my gmail.

The Joy's said...

Hey Carin- my e-mail is rachel.r.joy@gmail.com- the mass e-mail was forwarded to me! I will be praying!!

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Hey!! How are you all? Have you had any luck with the house selling yet?

MISS YOU!!!!

Sarah said...

rachel-saw your blog through ang's feeds. you have a such a beautiful daughter! congratulations!

MKP said...

She is SOOOOOO adorable Rachel!!! We miss you guys but are so excited for you as well! Aren't you just loving being a mommy!!!??! It's the BEST!!